1. Put chicken breast halves in a large skillet with water, wine, salt, pepper, curry powder, onion, and celery; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
2. Cook rice mixture with seasonings according to package directions.
3. Remove chicken from heat and strain; cut into bite size pieces.
4. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat; saute mushrooms until lightly browned.
5. Combine chicken, mushrooms, and rice in a large 3 quart casserole dish.
6. Combine sour cream and soup and mix into chicken and rice mixture.
7. Top with slivered almonds, cover, and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
8. Remove cover and bake for 15 minutes longer.