1. Boil pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Melt butter and olive oil together in a saucepan over medium heat.
3. Stir in onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in garlic, red pepper, and mushroom; cook over medium-high heat until soft, about 2 minutes more.
5. Stir in the shrimp and cook until firm and pink.
6. Add Alfredo sauce, Romano cheese and cream; bring to a simmer stirring constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes.
7. Stir in drained pasta and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.