2 ½ lbs. HAEN BEEF TENDERLOIN
2 oz. HAEN LIVER PATE
4 T. butter, softened
2 T. butter
1 onion chopped
½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 pkg. (17.5 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 egg yolk, beaten
1 can (10.5 oz.) beef broth
2 T. red wine
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Place beef in a small baking dish, spread with 2 T. softened butter.
3. Bake 10-15 minutes or until browned.
4. Remove from pan; reserve juices; allow to cool completely.
5. Melt 2 T. butter in a skillet over medium heat; sauté onion and mushrooms for 5 minutes, remove from heat and cool.
6. Mix together pate and 2 T. softened butter, season with salt and pepper.
7. Spread mixture over beef and top with onion and mushroom.
8. Roll out the pastry dough; place beef in the center.
9. Fold up and seal all edges making sure seams are not too thick.
10. Place beef in a 9x13 baking dish, cut a few slits in top of dough, brush with egg yolk.
11. Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 425°F.
12. Bake 10-15 minutes more or until pastry is a rich golden brown.
13. Place all reserved juices in a small saucepan over high heat.
14. Stir in beef broth and wine; boil for 10-15 minutes, strain, and serve with beef.