3 lbs. HAEN BEEF SOUP BONES
10 cups water
3 T. beef bouillon
1 ½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. thyme
2 bay leaves
4 cups vegetable juice
3 cups diced potatoes
3 cups chopped cabbage
2 cups frozen small whole onions
2 cups peeled rutabaga cubed
2 cups frozen green beans
4 carrots, sliced
3 stalks celery, sliced
1. In 4-quart Dutch oven, combine beef bones and water; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes; skim off any residue.
3. Add bouillon, salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaves.
4. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer 2 ½ hours or until meat is tender.
5. Remove beef bones and bay leaves from broth.
6. Skim and discard any fat from broth.
7. Remove meat from bones; dice and add back to broth.
8. Add remaining ingredients.
9. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.