3 lbs. HAEN ITALIAN BRATS
3 T. olive oil
3 red bell peppers, sliced
2 green bell peppers, sliced
2 red onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cans beer
6 oz. tomato paste
3 T. chopped fresh oregano
3 T. chopped fresh cilantro
2 T. hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste
cooked white rice
1. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Cook brats until browned on all sides; remove from pan and set aside.
3. Pour in 1 can of beer to deglaze the pan.
4. Add peppers, onions, and garlic to pan.
5. Stir in remaining beer and tomato paste.
6. Season with oregano, cilantro, hot sauce, and salt and pepper.
7. Cover and simmer until onions and peppers are tender.
8. Slice brats into bite size pieces and add to skillet.
9. Cover and simmer until sausage is cooked through.
10. Serve over cooked white rice.