Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
try pepper, jalapeno, chicken or other bacon varieties
6 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
1 T. butter or margarine
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
1/4 tsp. dried pesto seasoning
8 oz. sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup french fried onions
1. Preheat oven to 350° and butter a 13x9 baking dish.
2. Combine hash browns, onion, melted butter, soup, mushrooms, seasoning, 4 oz. sour cream and 1 cup cheese.
3. Pour into pan; bake 50 minutes; remove from oven.
4. Cook bacon to desired crispness.
5. Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and rest of sour cream until well blended.
6. Melt butter in a skillet; add egg mixture and cook without stirring until eggs start to set.
7. Lift and fold eggs with a spatula to allow uncooked egg to flow to bottom of skillet.
8. Continue cooking until eggs are set but still shiny and moist; do not overcook.
9. Spread crumbled bacon over top of baked hash browns; spread eggs over top of bacon.
10. Top with remaining cheese and french fried onions.
11. Return to oven and bake 10-15 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
12. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Categories: Cured Meats, Pork