Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Creamy Wild Rice Soup
1 pkg. Rice River Farms Rice
2 quarts water
8 oz. butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 1/2 cups grated or diced carrot
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 quarts chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. white pepper
1 cup slivered almonds
1 quart half and half
1 cup dry sherry or additional broth
1. Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside.
2. In kettle, melt butter over medium heat; saute onions and carrots until slightly tender.
3. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute.
4. Gradually add broth; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and is thick.
5. Stir in rice, salt and pepper; reduce heat.
6. Add ham and almonds.
7. Stir in cream and sherry; cook, stirring constantly, until heated through.
Categories: Cured Meats, Pork