Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Chicken and Rice Casserole
1 pkg. RICE RIVER FARMS wild rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1 medium onion sliced
2 ribs celery sliced
12 oz. sliced mushrooms
4 T. butter
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 slivered almonds
1 1/2 cups water
1. Put chicken breast halves in a large skillet with water, wine, salt, pepper, curry powder, onion, and celery; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
2. Cook rice mixture with seasonings according to package directions.
3. Remove chicken from heat and strain; cut into bite size pieces.
4. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat; saute mushrooms until lightly browned.
5. Combine chicken, mushrooms, and rice in a large 3 quart casserole dish.
6. Combine sour cream and soup and mix into chicken and rice mixture.
7. Top with slivered almonds, cover, and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
8. Remove cover and bake for 15 minutes longer.