Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
DescriptionThis stew is a meal unto itself, very hearty and flavorful. This recipe calls for various spices, you may have some of your own favorites to throw in.
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups water
- Dredge beef cubes in flour until evenly coated.
- Melt butter in a skillet, and cook coated beef cubes until evenly browned.
- Transfer beef to slow cooker and add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, cloves, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Pour in water and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours. Serve hot!!