Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Cajun Chicken Pasta
1 lb. vermicelli pasta
2 T. olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
13 plum tomatoes chopped
1 T. salt
1 T. chopped parsley
1 T. cajun seasoning
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Pan fry chicken over medium heat until fully cooked; dice chicken and set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
3. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes; drain.
4. While pasta water is boiling; briefly saute garlic in oil; stir in tomatoes and their juice and sprinkle with salt.
5. When tomatoes are bubbly, mash lightly with a fork.
6. Stir in parsley, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
7. Toss hot pasta with tomato sauce, chicken, Cajun seasoning, mozzarella and Parmesan.