Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Stuffed Haddock Fillets
1 1/2 to 2 lbs. (2 fillets) HAEN HADDOCK FILLETS thawed
6 strips HAEN BACON divided
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 T. fresh parsley chopped
2 cups bread crumbs
salt and pepper
1. Cut or split haddock fillets in 1/2 lengthwise.
2. Dice 3 strips of bacon; pan fry over medium heat until crisp.
3. Remove bacon; saute onion in bacon drippings until soft.
4. Combine cooked bacon, onion, bacon drippings, parsley and bread crumbs.
5. Season crumb mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Arrange 2 bottom pieces of haddock in a greased shallow baking dish.
7. Spread crumb mixture over the haddock and top with remaining 2 haddock top pieces.
8. Cut remaining 3 strips of bacon in half and layer over fish.
9. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes.