Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Sweet and Spicy Salmon
1 1/2 cups apricot nectar
1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
2 T. honey
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. ginger
2 cloves minced garlic
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat broiler and grease a broiling pan.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together apricot nectar, dried apricots, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cinnamon and cayenne.
3. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or reduced by half.
4. Remove 1/4 glaze for basting and set the rest aside.
5. Place salmon on broiling pan and brush with glaze.
6. Broil for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
7. Gently turn over once during cooking and baste frequently during the last 4 minutes.
8. Serve with remaining glaze.