Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Beef Chuck Stroganoff
2 lbs. HAEN BEEF CHUCK ROAST cut into 2 in. strips
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
4 oz. butter
4 green onions, sliced
4 T. flour
1 can (10 oz.) condensed beef broth
1 tsp. mustard
6 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup white wine
salt and pepper
1. Season beef with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter and brown the beef quickly; push beef off to one side.
3. Add onions and cook for 3-5 minutes; push off with beef.
4. Stir the flour into the juices and the empty side of the pan; pour in beef broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
5. Lower heat and stir in mustard; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
6. Five minutes before serving, stir in mushrooms, sour cream, and white wine.
7. Heat briefly then salt and pepper to taste.