Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
½ lb HAEN BACON cooked and crumbled
1 ½ cups chicken broth
3 T. butter
½ onion chopped
2 T. flour
1 cup half-and-half
2 cups chopped broccoli
1 carrot chopped
1 celery stalk chopped
1 ¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
1. Melt butter in a stock pot over medium high heat; add onion and saute until tender.
2. Whisk in flour and continue to stir until mixture is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Slowly add half-and-half stirring until mixture is smooth.
4. Add chicken broth, season with salt and pepper; reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
5. Add cooked bacon, broccoli, carrot, and celery and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 25-35 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to low, add cheddar cheese and cook, stirring, until cheese melts.
Categories: Cured Meats, Pork