Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
1 (15oz.) refried beans
1 (16oz.) can tomato sauce
3 T. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 large onion, diced
1 1/2 lbs. shredded cheddar cheese
1 pkg. (8) 10 inch flour tortillas
sour cream, taco sauce, black olives as preferred
1. Brown beef and onion in a frying pan over medium heat.
2. On the side stir together tomato sauce, chili powder, and all other spices; set aside 1 cup.
3. Add rest of sauce (all but the 1 cup) to the meat and onion; add beans and mix well.
4. Remove beef mixture from heat and allow to cool.
5. Heat tortillas one at a time in the microwave for about 12 seconds or until pliable.
6. Spoon beef mixture evenly onto each tortilla.
7. Top beef mixture with a heaping spoonful of cheese on each tortilla.
8. Roll tortillas and place seam side down in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
9. Top with remaining sauce (1 cup) and remaining cheese.
10. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
11. Serve with shredded lettuce, sour cream, taco sauce or black olives as preferred.