Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Recipe of The Week
1 lb. HAEN BEEF SIRLOIN, cut into thin strips
1 ½ cups uncooked white rice
1 2/3 cups water
2 T. cornstarch
1 (14 oz.) can beef broth
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. brown sugar
¼ tsp. garlic powder
4 cups fresh broccoli florets
1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil; add rice and stir.
2. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sugar, and garlic powder; mix thoroughly.
4. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté beef strips until browned.
5. Stir broccoli and cornstarch mixture into meat.
6. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring frequently.
7. Serve over cooked rice.