Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Angel Hair and Shrimp
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup chicken stock
3 T. lemon juice
3/4 pound angel hair pasta
salt and pepper
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped chives
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
zest of a lemon
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. In a smaller pot, heat the cream, chicken stock and lemon juice to a low simmer.
3. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
4. Add the pasta to the boiling water.
5. Add the shrimp to the simmering lemon cream sauce; stir well and add a pinch of salt and pepper. The shrimp should cook in the same time as the pasta, about 4-5 minutes.
6. Drain pasta and put it in a large bowl.
7. Add the herbs to the simmering lemon cream sauce and let them cook for about 1 minute.
8. Pour the shrimp and lemon sauce into the pasta bowl and mix well.
9. Add the lemon zest and most of the parmesan and mix again.
10. Divide into servings and top with remaining parmesan.