Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Beef & Brown Rice Taco Bake
1 ½ lbs. HAEN LEAN GROUND BEEF
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
chopped jalapeno peppers
red, yellow, and/or green bell pepper chopped
1 T. fresh lime juice
2 T. chili powder
1 tsp. oregano
½ tsp. thyme
2 tsp. cumin
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
hot sauce to taste
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.; spray a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Boil brown rice in water according to directions.
3. In a medium skillet, saute onion, garlic, and jalapenos over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
4. Add ground beef and brown through.
5. Add peppers; cook for 3-4 minutes more.
6. Add lime juice and spices; mix well.
7. Add cooked rice, tomato sauce, ¼ cup cheese and hot sauce and stir.
8. Pour into baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
9. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes; remove foil and bake 10 minutes more.
10. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.