Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Baked Potato Soup
12 slices HAEN BACON, cooked and crumbled
4 baking potatoes
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flour
6 cups milk
1 cup chopped green onions
¾ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground black pepper
6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. sour cream
1. Bake potatoes for 1 hour at 400°F.
2. Scoop out insides of potatoes and discard skins.
3. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat; stir in flour; cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Gradually pour in milk and keep stirring; increase heat to medium and stir until soup mixture thickens.
5. Add potatoes, green onions, salt, pepper, bacon and cheese; stir well.
6. Continue heating for about 15 minutes.
7. Mix in sour cream, stirring well, and serve immediately.
Categories: Cured Meats, Pork